YOUTH RISING INTERNATIONAL
Are you a Ugandan aspiring writer who is 12–23 years old or in grades Primary 6 – Primary 7, Senior one to Senior Six, or a University student?
Apply to participate in our monthly essay competitions and stand a chance to win cash prizes, gift hampers, and a chance for your essay(s) to be featured in our annual literary magazine.
How To Participate
- Click on the current challenge and read all instructions.
- Write your submission following instructions
- Submit your work thru web form before the deadline.
- Winners are informed via email and Youth Rising social media channels.
- International Day of Education Youth Essay Winner: Elizabeth NagawaToday January 24th 2023 is the International Day of Education, a day celebrated in honor of Education as tool… Read More »International Day of Education Youth Essay Winner: Elizabeth Nagawa
- World Aids Day 2022 Youth Essay Winner: Kimumwe DouglasIt is World Aids Day 2022 and Douglas Kimumwe is the winner of Youth Rising’s 2022 World Aids Day Essay Challenge.
- Youth Rising 2022 World Youth Skills Day Essay WinnersWinning Essay: At the Crossroads: Skills Development and Unemployment among Young People. Bakali Kalisa | Senior Three Student | Helm… Read More »Youth Rising 2022 World Youth Skills Day Essay Winners
– 50,000 UGX
2nd Position (2 Awards)
– 25,000 UGX
-Certificate of Participation
Annual All Challenges Winner
Every challenge winner and their runners-up get a cash prize and all participants get certificates of participation. The Annual All Challenges Winner gets a Tablet. There are also several judge awards and other surprise gifts that are given out to winners in different categories of awards.
Support The Institute
You can choose to your funds to go to essay winners, the judging process. For Financial donations, click on the link below and donate using PayPal, VISA or MasterCard.
For in-kind and Mobile Money donations, write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our partners assist with coordinating different activities of the program and offering awards, If you want to partner contact us
Using available resources, we promote the talents and develop the skills of Uganda’s vulnerable youth in a community built around music, dance, drama, and mentorship.
We believe that a more media conscious citizenry will respond more positively to social development and will be empowered enough to participate in governance of the Nation.
UgCLA’s mission is to complement the education system of Uganda and promote the development of productive literacy practices by supporting growth of community libraries.